Rakesh Jhunjhunwala’s three largest portfolio stocks have so far rallied by nearly 80 percent in calendar 2021 and outperformed major indices BSE Sensex and Nifty 50 by a wide margin. Rakesh Jhunjhunwala’s most valuable publicly traded holdings are Titan Company, valued at Rs 9 billion; followed by Tata Motors at Rs 1,260 crore; and Crisil at Rs 1,097 crore. Those three stocks are up 78 percent since January. By comparison, BSE Sensex is up 25 percent and the Nifty 50 Index is up 27 percent.
Titan Company Ltd share price
– Latest closing price — Rs 2090.70
– Up 37 per cent year-to-date from Rs 1558.60
– Up 87 per cent in last one year from Rs 1138.75
– Antique Stock Broking has a ‘buy’ rating on Titan Company stock, with a target price of Rs 2,228 apiece, up 6.5 per cent from current price.
Tata Motors Ltd share price
– Latest closing price — Rs 331.55
– Up 78 per cent year-to-date from Rs 191.30
– Up 150 per cent in last one year from Rs 132.85
– Edelweiss Wealth Research has an ‘outperform’ rating on Tata Motors stock, with a target price of Rs 353 per share, implying 6.4% upside from current price.
Edelweiss: i) Tata Motors continues to maintain a strong focus on balance sheet improvement. Covid and semiconductor shortages have delayed the materialisation of the same; ii) As production normalises, tailwinds like the model cycle for JLR–RR launch in nine months followed by RRS-demand revival in CV and sharp cost reduction initiatives will drive strong free cash flows.
Crisil Ltd share price
– Latest closing share price: Rs 2787.60
– Up 43 per cent year-to-date from Rs 1915.50
– Up 56 per cent in last one year from Rs 1772.95
Rakesh Jhunjhunwala and his co-workers owned 38 stocks at the end of the quarter ended June 30, 2021, including Titan Company, Tata Motors, Crisil, Fortis Healthcare, Escorts, Nazara Technologies, Jubilant Ingrevia, and others with a net worth greater than Rs. . 22,016 crore of Trendlyne data.